A new year presents a fresh start on a number of levels. You might be looking to get back in shape, eat better, finally take that vacation you’ve been wanting or maybe you are looking to take on a new challenge!
For many of our supporters, a new year means a new season of events and with that, a new season of fundraising. This time of year can be a great way to jump-start your fundraising and provide a good foundation for the year.
How do I get started? What do I do? Well, I am glad you asked. The guide below will help you by showing examples of successful fundraising efforts and will hopefully give you some inspiration to start your own fundraising for 2014!
If you have questions about how to fundraise or want some ideas, you can always e-mail the LIVESTRONG team at email@example.com. We are happy to help you get started.
To know you is to love you, right? (At least that’s what your mother told us…) Tell your story and be authentic!
BE EXTRAORDINARY: Create your own event
- Get your workplace involved! See how Team LIVESTRONG used the office to raise over $600
- Did somebody say…FLASHMOB? So we know these are all the rage, but honestly, have you done one? Be even more honest—did you love it? Here’s a “how-to” guide to set it up.
- Karaoke night!
1. Find a venue (restaurant, friend’s house)
2. Create teams (ex: $15/entry)
3. Sing, vote and have fun!
4. Have a panel of judges determine a winner.
BE MOTIVATIONAL: Give some incentives
- Say thank you! A simple note or thank you video message adds a layer of stewardship and appreciation.
- Haven’t you heard that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? Be like our wonderful intern, Chelsea, and share some of your heritage while also getting donations! Jars of jam or homemade salsa tend to be crowd favorites—and who doesn’t love a good cookie?
BE VIRTUALLY CONNECTED: Start a Social Media Campaign
- Update: Share your training milestones, inspiration and engage your followers. Remind people that you care, and they will be invested too!
- Make it easy to donate: Always have the link to your fundraising page accessible to send. Add it to your social sites and email signature.
- Engage: Give us the “why”—i.e., let us in on your secret. What’s your purpose? Be honest. People want to help. We share because we care!