by Chris Brewer
Wow! What a month November, err, Movember was! We’re very proud that we were able to field the largest team we’ve assembled to date (185 Mo Bros and Sistas) and raise over $13,000 in the process. Thank you so much for your support! And FYI, several of our LIVESTRONG staff also went above and beyond:
- Michael Nestor – our top fundraiser took the classic approach to fundraising by talking personally to his network via email, Facebook & Instagram about how much his facial hair means to him & how he recognizes that cancer survivors do not have a choice about whether they lose their hair.
- Dan Byrd – one of our artists in residence created a Mike Ditka painting as a way to fundraise and raffled off chances for the piece at $10 each.
- Matt Florio - an avid runner, Matt came up with “Mo-Miles for Movember,” where for each dollar donated he would run a mile.
- Ashley Elder – she literally donated her ponytail to Wigs for Kids and was crowned Miss Movember Austin in the process.
- Mike Threadgould – just some awesome moustache farming, garnering him Man of Movember Austin!
And, yes, the staff found some time to have fun along the way too. One of Movember’s messages is to get people moving, so we established the inaugural 2013 Molympics. Check out the video below! We’re proud partners of the Movember movement, and we look forward to working together in 2014 and beyond to help change the face of men’s health. Mo on!