Happy Movember Y’all! Yep, that’s right – Movember.
For those of you that don’t know, Movember is a month full of making a lasting impact on the face of men’s health through the power of the Mo (mustache). Females don’t fret! Movember is not just for men. Mo Sista’s are just as important as the Mo Bros and can get involved by encouraging the men in their lives to participate and raise funds to combat prostate and testicular cancer and mental health challenges.
The secret to successful fundraising in the winter months (other than hitting up some friends and family members during the holidays!) is to incorporate the Mo. How do I do that, you ask? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Several ideas for featuring the mo in your fundraising this month are here!
- Dollar for every Day – Ask friends and family members to pledge to donate a dollar for every day you grow your mo. (November officially has 30 days)
- Donate and Vote for Style of My Mo – For every $15 donation, donors can submit a vote for a specific style of mustache you have to grow. Some great examples of Mo Styles are here: Choose Your Weapon
- Donate and Vote for a certain Mo Bro’s Time – For every $20 donation, donors can submit a vote for a Mo Bro of your choice to keep his mustache longer than the month of November. Catch: They can also vote to decrease the length of time the Mo Bro has to keep the mustache!
- Hold a Mo’ Raiser – Be it bake sale, 5K, or a game of football squares – slap some mustaches on some napkins and cups and use the Mo to up the energy at your fundraiser!
- Have a Mo Party! – Register with Movember to host a party and use Movember “Party Pack” Supplies! Mo Party
The fun doesn’t have to stop on November 30th – keep on telling your Movember stories during the holiday season. (What better place to spread the word than at all of the holiday parties going on?)
Team LIVESTRONG Fundraising and Events ambassadors are always here to help supply you with more ideas. Keep up the great work and Happy Movember!
The LIVESTRONG Foundation is proud to partner with Movember, the guys responsible for sprouting millions of moustaches on men’s faces around the world each year during the month of November.