by Chris Brewer
In just two weeks, the 2013 Austin Challenge will be underway, and we couldn’t be more excited! Nothing is better than thousands of cancer fighters gathered together, taking a stand and celebrating life. We get to share our stories, laugh and cry together, push ourselves to cross the finish line, and then enjoy each other’s company as we eat, drink, and remember.
With more than 2,000 riders set to take on the streets of Austin in the fight against cancer, it?s sure to be a great ride! As riders prepare for ride weekend there are a few logistical pieces to keep in mind.
- 20 and 45 mile riders: there is no reroute time.
- 65 mile riders: if you have not reached the FM 967 & FM 1626 intersection (mile 18.2) by 9am, you will be rerouted to the 45 mile course.
- 100 mile riders: cyclists departing Power Stop #4 after 10:30am will be rerouted to the 65 mile course.
- The course will close at 4pm, and any riders still out on course will be brought in via SAG.
- Please review your distance and route online.
Once riders have completed their distance, you will enjoy food, beer, vendors and music all with the Austin skyline backdrop.
We look forward to see everyone at the 2013 LIVESTRONG Austin Challenge. Still need to register? Hurry before the prices increases! www.livestrong.org/events/1500
Special access to new Merchandise:
As an added bonus to the weekend, participants and supporters will gain exclusive access to the final release of the Nike LIVESTRONG apparel. The collection will be on sale all weekend at the merchandise booth.