by Matt Florio
We are less than 48 hours away from the start of the third annual Team LIVESTRONG Challenge Davis. To help you make your event experience smooth and enjoyable here is your event cheat sheet:
FUNDRAISING AND DEADLINES
• Every rider must raise $250 to participate. You will not be given a bib if you have not met this fundraising requirement. You can make a cash, check, or credit card donation on-site at the Donations table if necessary.
• Individuals who have raised $3,500 or more are invited to the Fundraising Appreciation Dinner on Saturday night and may bring a guest.
• If you have cash or check donations in your possession please DO NOT mail them in. Bring them to the Donations table at Packet Pick-Up to be processed immediately.
• Packet Pick-Up will be available on Saturday, June 22 from 10 a.m.–4 p.m. and for a short window from 6:30–7 a.m. on Sunday. If at all possible, please pick up your packet on Saturday.
• You must pick up your bib, t-shirt and any incentives you’ve earned during this time. Incentives will not be available after the start of the ride.
• There will be an area for teams to pick up packets for five or more people.
• We will not release a bib for anyone who has not hit the $250 minimum nor are we responsible for lost or stolen items.
RIDER TRACKING APP
• A rider tracking app is available to download for iPhone and Android. Search “LIVESTRONG” in your app store.
• Riders can share this app with friends and family for quick and easy information on the event.
• You must affix your bike plate that you will receive at Packet Pick-Up to your handlebars with the number facing out.
EVENT PARKING AND GENERAL INFO
• Parking will be extremely limited around Central Park all weekend. There is some garage and street parking available around the venue.
• Please review the event schedule so you are familiar with time and locations of planned events.
• You may call the event hotline phone number for additional info at 888.424.2553 or refer to the website.
• The forecast for Sunday is hot and sunny with a high of 92 and a low of 58.
• There is a 0% chance of rain.
• Please dress accordingly and know the route you are riding. There will be LIVESTRONG gear sold at the event Saturday and Sunday.
• All riders MUST be staged by 7:15 a.m. so that we can begin sending riders off promptly at 7:30 a.m.
Our staff is on the ground in Davis. If you have further questions please call the hotline, reference the website or come to the registration tent tomorrow.