On May 6, 2012, Team LIVESTRONG athletes are taking to the streets of Pittsburgh for the Dick?s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and Half Marathon. If you?ve never been to Pittsburgh, now is your chance to visit the place that has both friendly, small town flair and a big city atmosphere.
Top 5 Reasons to Run the Dick?s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon (and Half Marathon)
5. In the City of Bridges (there are 446 of them), you?ll run across all three of Pittsburgh?s legendary rivers, the Allegheny, Monongahela and the Ohio?what better way is there to explore a new city?
4. Pittsburgh?s favorite colors are quite like LIVESTRONG?s favorite colors, so you?ll be sure to make lots of friends running in black and yellow.
3. If you?re willing to run 26.2, you?re rewarded with a net downhill on the last 5 miles
2. You get free Eat?n Park Smiley Cookies at the finish line courtesy of the Cookie Cruiser, a Pittsburgh original.
1. You can enjoy a guilt-free post-race meal at the original Primanti Bros., where you?ll get your sandwich topped with French fries, coleslaw and tomatoes.
Sign up today to run the Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and Half Marathon with Team LIVESTRONG today! See you there.