On the Passing of Steve Jobs

It’s with great sadness that we bid goodbye to Steve Jobs. His brilliant and innovative spirit will be deeply missed. Steve pioneered a new way of seeing and embracing the world and his indelible influence will be felt by generations to come. I was fortunate enough to have spent some time with Steve, whether it was a lunch at his office or numerous email exchanges. I will miss those times but will keep those memories with me. We have lost an icon and I have also lost a friend. The LIVESTRONG community will keep all Steve’s loved ones and his family at Apple close to our hearts this week as they mourn the loss of a man who had so much left to give.

1. Surreallist says:

Truly sad news. The world has lost a visionary and a genius, who has rightfully earned the respect of millions across the globe. Condolences to his family from Pakistan.

2. Mike Gluck says:

Can you set up a link for people to donate $1 – Steve’s salary – to LIVESTRONG?

1. I’ll pass along that idea. Thanks! Until then please pass on this link: http://www.livestrong.org/donate.

3. RIP, Steve. Thank you for all of it – the vision, the belief, the impossibly high standards, the daring to go for it and refusal to settle for less, even the cajoling and yes the bullying it took to get the rest of us there

4. Jason says:

I think the 2012 CA LiveStrong Challenge should start at 1 Infinite Loop next year!

5. Charlie Mccotter says:

The true American dream— American and is blessed and proud of his visions that helped make our planet smaller and its people closer. May our younger generation learn from this icon!!!

6. DA says:

Gone too soon…

7. cathy raats says:

May his creative soul rest in peace and hope his family livestrong. We can hope that even more effort is put into search for cure of Pancreatic cancer and maybe when it does it can be dedicated to him!

8. A very gifted man…nipped in the bud…gone much too soon. May God help and comfort his loved ones…grieving is a very hard thing. Let nothing be wasted LORD.

9. Brad Bartkus says:

“I read a study that measured the efficiency of locomotion for various species on the planet. The condor used the least energy to move a kilometer. Humans came in with a rather unimpressive showing about a third of the way down the list. That didn’t look so good, but then someone at Scientific American had the insight to test the efficiency of lomotion for a man on a bicycle and a man on a bicycle blew the condor away. That’s what a computer is to me: the computer is the most remarkable tool that we’ve ever come up with. It’s the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds.”
    Interview for the documentary Memory and Imagination,1990

So Lance on a bike must be like a thousand condors!!

10. Rui Vieira says:

Marcou as Ășltimas dĂ©cadas.

11. Amy K says:

Steve Jobs will always be remembered because he made products like ipod, ipad, iphone etc to which we all immediately said “ilike”. May his soul rest in peace.

12. Chava Gal-Or says:

Such a simple and perfect tribute to a man that made a difference and touched all of our lives. May his memory be a blessing for good!

13. Barbie Whitehead says:

A great man among some of the greatest…

Newton … Franklin … Einstein … Jobs

I agree with the above suggestion that next year’s LIVESTRONG California race begin at Apple Headquarters.

Rest in peace, Steve!

14. julia says:

If anyone lived-strong it was Jobs who continued to work and create despite a very long painful encounter with cancer. As an Apple FAN-atic, I hope that LiveStrong can find a fitting tribute to this great man. Either an event in CA or an international award to innovation and creativity in cancer research. I’m deeply saddened that cancer has again taken away someone who has enriched my life.

15. Steve Jobs is now past the pain of his disease but many in our world will continue to mourn his passing for a long time to come. He made adults believe again, the way they had as children. When a new project was proposed many would say, “That can’t be and then as they shook their heads in disblief, Steve Jobs made technology look like magic. It was a wonderful thing to see. We will miss him, not just his business acumen but how hw carried himself as a human being. To quote the song, somewhere the Lord is saying, “Welcome home Son,I knew that you’d return to me the place where you were meant to be rest now you’ve been gone too long!

16. next years alpe d’huzes i will dedicatey sixth climb to steve! thanks and rest in peace. http://www.opgevenisgeenoptie.nl

17. Clary C says:

My heart breaks for his loved ones he left behind. I know we think he’s gone too soon. God gave him to this world for a short time. He (Mr Jobs) fulfilled his contract. Time to rest and play with all his toys.
    God needed help with his iPhone 10. God bless his family and give them peace.

18. Ocean Li says:

Missing Jobs forever.
    From HK.

19. I was taking a shower after a spinning class @ClubVirtual this afternoon and it occurred to me I should virtually take Steve with me during next year’s Alpe d’HuZes. I never knew the guy personally, but he touched my life, albeit that I was a late believer (I did own a NeXT at the time, but no Apple devices until 2007).
    Alpe d’HuZes is about raising money for cancer research and it’s mainly a Dutch thing – we will go up the Alpe d’Huez six time on June 7, 2012. As we do this, many of us take lost ones with them on the back seat of the bike – obviously, you ‘take’ your mother, brother or someone close to you that you have lost, but I think there’s no wrong in taking Steve too.
    I hope Dennis (vd Veen) won’t mind, but we could share the load between us…