Dancing With NED

Each year about 90,000 women are diagnosed with a GYN cancer, these are the below the belt cancers no one wants to talk about. But a maverick rock band N.E.D. (No Evidence of Disease) is determined to crank up the noise. Made up of 6 GYN oncologists, these doc-rockers live all over the country, but have managed to release 2 cd?s of original music and tour the nation as the lightening rod for women?s cancers.

Spark Media, an award-winning documentary production company, heard about the band shortly after it?s formation and ever since has been following the six surgeons and their patients across the country. With over 300 hours of footage, the documentary feature is nearing final stages of production and is slated for release Spring 2012.

DANCING WITH N.E.D. captures, and will promote a critical turning point in our nation’s attitude to women’s health. In collaboration with LIVESTRONG and other leading cancer organizations, the documentary will disseminate nationwide a message of inclusion, understanding and healing. The time has come to listen.

LiveSTRONG from Spark Media on Vimeo.

1. Janice Fleming says:

I have had cervical cancer and so far, I am a survivor. It’s been less than a year since I had surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. It is not a subject that gets enough attention considering how many women suffer from this.

2. Ellen says:

Fantastic, moving, can’t wait to see more!

3. Will says:

Kudos, once again, to Spark Media and all they are doing to get this on the map!

4. Bob Myrick says:

To do the work these surgeons do is wonderful – the music ROCKS.

5. Kat says:

Yeah! Go NED. I am NED since Jan 11. I was dx with Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer in May 2010.

6. Paige Donnelly says:

I’m also a 1.5 year survivor of stage 4, grade 3 endometrial cancer and appreciate all that N.E.D. does to raise funds and awareness for “the other” women’s cancer. Keep on rockin! Hope to see you in Raleigh.

1. I had breast cancer surgery and radiation therapy in 2010 and then was dx w/ Stage III endomtetrial cancer Jan. 13, 2011.Tho I’m still in the woods, I am closer to the edge of the forest because I had the great good fortune of being under the care of newly transplanted Alaskan Dr. Joanie Hope of NED and tho not yet able to DANCE, I am committed to fundraising for this band and its message. Blessings all….

7. Patrice says:

Thanks Dr Hope for your skill, endurance, and strength for 9 hour surgery to successfully debunk my ovarian cancer tumor. I have 3 more weeks of chemo and my CA-125 went down from 6,000 initially to 50 now. Listening to your songs brought me joy. Thank you all for doing what you do so well.