2010 was a great year for our cancer support programs and partnerships here at LIVESTRONG. Our programs team creates and manages programs that help to support cancer survivors, their loved ones and professionals. Here are some of the accomplishments and a look forward to 2011.
In 2010 we:
- Trained 365 Promotores (Hispanic health care workers) through the LIVESTRONG Cancer Survivorship Training
- Added 20 new cities to the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program
- Began work in South Africa to build a global model for fighting stigma and dispelling myths about cancer so that survivors and communities no longer have to live in fear, and can get the services and support they need.
- Delivered LIVESTRONG at School resources to over 65,000 school professionals across the country, giving them the tools they need to talk to students about cancer in a way that is age-appropriate and inspiring.
- Brought successful cancer support programs to more than 75 communities in the US through the Community Impact Project
In 2011 we will:
- Create relationships with national/local organizations and key leaders in each priority community that will lead to increased engagement and awareness among Hispanic/Latinos
- Spread the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program to 40 new cities
- Bring the anti-stigma campaign to Mexico
- Connect cancer survivors with support services in even more areas through our Community Impact Project
We would not be able to maintain these efforts without your support. Please consider a tax deductible donation to LIVESTRONG this year so that we may continue to make a difference in the cancer community in 2011.