Obama's Commitment to Seek a Cure for Cancer

Last night was a monumental night for our country, LIVESTRONG and the 12 million cancer survivors living in the United States. President Obama made a commitment in his first address to Congress to seek a cure for cancer in our lifetime.

Congratulations to all of you. From our grassroots advocates to our non-profit partners to our for-profit friends ? we owe you all a huge debt of gratitude. Your efforts have made a historic impact in the fight against cancer.

There is much work still to do. We must make sure that the new administration and Congress follow through with this commitment. Celebrate this moment and thank you for your hard work that made this possible.

1. Brian Dowd says:

I loved hearing the commitment. There are 12 million cancer survivors with HOPE.

2. Bob Sega says:

Great committment for Cancer.. Now what are the details? Wahington has fogotten commitments before.

3. Maria Natera says:

We must continue our commitment until this is a reality. Yesterday’s address was definitely motivational and a milestone that confirms that our efforts and pleads have been heard and that finding the cure for Cancer is actually becoming a global priority.
    We must keep it up and work harder than ever. We will find the cure!

4. Tim Bruno says:

Follow through are the keywords in this address I believe. Can’t stop or let up what we are doing now. If anything push harder now than we ever have!

5. Michael says:

Hand in hand with the efforts to find CURES for cancer (there are more than 250 different types from what I have heard, and I have dealt with four different types on my skin alone), the need for adequate health care for all, which includes REGULAR SCREENINGS, EARLY DETECTION, and PROPER INTERVENTION, SUPPORT and TREATMENT, also needs to be championed.

Cures are the ultimate goal and treatments are part of the quest.

6. Koen Haegeman says:

As a European I’m very happy to see what is changing in your country. Here in Belgium, social security makes it possible for everyone of our 10 million inhabitants to benefit from necessary medical care at low cost. I hope the same thing is achieved in US.
    Good luck President Obama!

7. Patty Foster says:

As I said the day I voted for our President “this guy gets it”. Let’s all keep up the good work towards making a cure for cancer a national priority.

Unity is Strength! Unite and Fight!

8. lisa says:

i was so proud when i heard our president make this statement. it brought tears to my eyes and hope to my heart.