Mr. President

1. Sue in Escondido says:

Thank you so much for your Livestrong campaign. As a current cancer survivor (diagnosed with breast cancer in October and will start my second round of chemo during your ride in San Diego county), I appreciate your speaking out on this horrific disease. I too am a fighter and will kick this in the tail so I can join my mom again next year (she’ll be 80) on our second 400+ mile RideIdaho cycling adventure. I’m so excited to see that you’ll finish the Amden ride in my home town – Escondido. Welcome!

2. Lee says:

What a historic day! The inauguration of our first Black president and Lance’s return to pro cycling! I’m proud to be a witness.

Good luck!

3. Simon says:

I think Lance and Obama are among the most important individuals in the public eye today. Lance’s fight against cancer is truly inspirational, and Obama has the potential to change the world. Excellent. Good luck Lance!

4. John C says:

Cancer is really a big part of Health Care reform in my opinion. Besides the setback we get when diagnosed, the multiphase treatement required is close to the most expensive. If we can suceed in lowering cancer rates, think of the cost savings that will be realized. Lung Cancer rates have dropped in response to cigarette diminishing popularity. I we need to cut back on the carcenogins that we come in contact with, and see if we cant reduce cancer and the emotional and financial costs that go with it.

Thanks for your dedication and inspiration Lance!

5. Tricia says:

I couldn’t agree more with your post on making a Cancer a priority in the new administration.

I think about the fight of cancer patients daily, as I work for in radiation therapy for the company, TomoTherapy ( We hear about the struggles and triumphs of cancer patients each day and are committed to getting quality treatments options available to them.

I have also gained some new insight on your fight, as I am just finishing your book “Its Not About the Bike.” Gives me newfound inspiration each morning as I hit the Trek on the trainer down in the basement (ah, winter in Madison WI).

Continued success to you in your advocacy, and to those cancer patient and their fight.

6. Rick in Sac says:

Lance, Keep up the great work and intensity on keeping cancer a national and international health priority. Any advances in prevention, treatment, and aftercare will help many, many people worldwide. Keep up the great work and thanks for teaching me how to be a survivor.

See you on 2/14 for the Tour de California!