Getting Ready for LIVESTRONG Day

My name is Jeff Manning and I oversee online marketing here at the LAF and for the next 48 hours I am going to be your tour guide for LIVESTRONG Day. Right now all of my colleagues are on their way to cities and towns across the country to attend LIVESTRONG Day events. For those of you who are not able to attend a LIVESTRONG Day event myself and Rendi Graham (super intern) will be posting pictures and news all day tomorrow – right here. Not only will we be posting updates from LAF staff but we will also be keeping up with Lance as he crosses the country, so make sure you keep checking back with us all day.

If you want to be a little more active, here are a few things you can do.

1. Wear Yellow Wear as much yellow as you can get on your body tomorrow and post your picture to our LIVESTRONG Day group on Flickr. Just click on the link. Join the group. Upload your photo to your account. Send your photo to the group. (Note: you must have a flickr account to do this. Accounts are free)
2. Attend a local event in your area Check the list of events in your area that you can support
3. Make a donation we’re a non-profit! Without people like you donating money to the LAF, we could not have as great of impact on this fight
4. Think of something creative y’all are smart and creative people. Remember LIVESTRONG Day is about YOU and how YOU are making a difference in this fight! Do something fun to celebrate the day and share it with us by posting a comment to the blog tomorrow.

Talk to you tomorrow.

1. Posted a BLOG about LIVESTRONG on

My sister has been victorious over breast cancer for over 11 years. WEARING YELLOW!

2. Kelly says:

My mother and father both passed away from Lung Cancer and I just loss a brother in law from a Brain Tumor.

Best friend has survived Breast Cancer.

I am wearing yellow and will forward information to my contact database for support!

3. Don LaVange says:

Currently have 2 forms of the dreaded disease in me! But asked to speak at a “Survivors Day” function at my local Cancer Center June 8.

Thanks Lance! Keep on “Keepiin On”.

4. Risha says:

My mother passed away from a Brain tumor and 4 years ago my youngest was diagnosed with High Risk Acute Lyphoblastic Leukemia. He has been in remission for 6 months and LIVINGSTRONG!! We applaud and support Lance. Congradulations and keep up the great work!

Thank You!

5. Juslin says:

My mothers dad and my fathers dad both passed away within a year of each other from cancer. I will be wearing my live strong gear. Keep on keepin on!

6. Scott Joy says:

A small group celebrated LIVESTRONG Eve at our “Share a Meal, Share Your Story” potluck dinner in Stratham, NH, tonight. Looking forward to a great LIVESTRONG Day tomorrow!

7. Karen Le Lay says:

My beloved husband is being treated for a tumor on his tonsil which has spread to the lymph node. He is undergoing chemotherapy and will need radiation treatments. I will wear yellow and do what I can to help fight this horrid disease. One thing we learned is that you become a survivor the day you are diagnosed. Thank you, Lance, for all you do for cancer survivors.

8. Brenda says:

Its our time to reflect and make a statement to all the world that WE CAN make a difference.
    Breast C. survivor 2003

9. Nickie says:

My beautiful 31-year-old daughter-in-law was diagnosed with metastatic colon cancer on January 8, 2007. Since that time, she has endured continual chemo while completing her law degree, passing the bar, enjoying an 11-day gift vacation to Greece, and beginning a career as an attorney. I truly believe that prayer and attitude are everything!

I will be wearing yellow tomorrow in her honor.

10. Gladys says:

My son has been in remission for 1 1/2 year and “we are LIVINGSTRONGER.He keeps supporting Armstrong since his diagnosis.Congratulations for the great JOb inspiration.!!Proud MOM .

11. Lillian says:

WEARING YELLOW and lots of it. My daughter is a 10 year brain cancer survivor.

12. GARY S says:

Greetings from Canada. We are a high school in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan,Canada (ST JOSEPH HIGH SCHOOL)and we will be running events all day at our school. Obstacle course, bake sale, raffles and more. 1000 + staff and students strong, all wearing yellow – Be strong, stay strong, LIVESTRONG.

13. Romer says:

14. John says:

My father passed away due to cancer 7 years ago…my mother is a breast cancer survivor. “Yellow Day” promotion at my High School in Indianapolis…4000 students and faculty wearing yellow and Livestrong bands…Cancer Awareness from our Just Say No Club. Awesome!!

15. My daughter Nikki passed away 11/23/07 at the age of 16 after battling DSRCT followed by Leukemia for 5 years. Friday 5/16/07 the Relay for Life at her school is being dedicated to her. If I only have half her courage and strength I would be happy. She has been my inspiration. Thank you for your dedication to fighting cancer so many more moms will not have to endure the lose of their child.

16. Myron says:

I have been battling Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma off and on for eight years now. Of course I am wearing yellow today, and I encouraged everybody at work to wear yellow. I have been wearing my yellow wristband every day for the past several years to remind me of what LAF is doing and to remind myself to keep fighting. Thanks, Lance and everybody who helps with LAF!

17. Bryan Grey says:

Brief comment. Congratulations to Lance on promoting such a cause – only thing living in the UK it would be nice if the LIVESTRONG events and associated things extended to the UK more – after all cancer knows no boundaries : race, religion or age.

Non-Hodgkins lymphoma (Head and neck) survivor three years

18. Mary says:

1 1/2 year stomach cancer survivor. Wearing YELLOW proudly. Thanks, Lance for bringing Cancer out in the open so we can all be SURVIVORS and beat this dreaded disease. We need to LIVESTRONG moment by moment, enjoying every day to the fullest.

19. Lesley says:

I second Bryan, I live in the UK with a rare cancer, a universal health care system only covers so much. There is not much support for rare things we are meant to accept our lot. I felt alone in wanting more till I found the LAF. I run and its amazing the number of yellow bands you see when you are at competitions. So there are supporters here in the UK. I guess I d better go find a yellow T shirt.

20. Gerald says:

My 78 year old father kicked cancers but last fall – Burkitts Lymphoma. Wearing yellow.

21. Connie says:

My sister died last October from primary liver cancer and I am living with breast cancer. Kudos to Lance – my sister’s hero. No one should have to fight with this terrible disease. Thanks Lance for giving her strength to the end.

22. Kathy says:

Today I am wearing yellow and gray. Gray for all the children battling or who have lost their battle with a brain tumor. More children die from brain cancer than any other. Today I am encouraging all my contacts to Brown Bag their lunch and donate their lunch money to brain tumor research. We must find a cure.

23. LiveSTRONG day is important…but also the 5th of june 2008..the day that hundreds of dutch cyclists will climb the famous Alp, L’Alpe d’Huez in France. Last year over a million euro’s was raised, this year more than 3 million euro’s will be raised and donated to the Dutch Cancer foundation.

Casper Keller – The Netherlands

24. Scott Yahnke says:

I am 2 yrs past being treated for melanoma. My dad died of lung cancer in ’95 & Lance’s fight really helped me through some tough times. I’ll be on a ride today wearing my LiveSTRONG jersey & am wearing the wristband (from 3/06) til it falls off! Scott Yahnke, Nebraska

25. Sarah Hobbs says:

I am literaly wearing yellow head to toe. After two cancer scares this year, I am blessed to be cancer free and that is something I will never take for granted. I will also help a co-worker decorate his bright yellow 1957 Ford truck for the event at Oregon Health and Sciences University.

Standing with you,

26. Gregg Grosh says:

I have been wearing a yellow LIVESTRONG wrist band since they have been available. I have a sister-in-law who is free of breast cancer and a dceased friend who had bone cancer. That is when I started wearing it. I was diagnosed with Lupus(SLE) at age 35. I am 59 and healthy. At age 50, in addition to medications, I started taking nutrients, started yoga , and resumed a closer link to God. Your LIVESTRONG wrist band is an inspiration to me as well.

Godd Health to All,

27. John Green says:

My brother in law died of lung cancer five years ago and is terribly missed, thanks to LAF and other cancer organisations here in the UK the fight will go on.
    We always wear yellow
    Best wishes from Scotland

28. Maria rojo says:

My son is a hodgkins surivor since 2005. He was 23 year old when he was diagnosed. Today he cannot get insurance because of a prexsisting condition. If he does it is outrageously unaffordable. We have a letter to verify he had insurance but they told him he had a 30 day lapse. I am worried that this year he will not be able to get his test because we will have to pay for them out of our pocket. We cannot afford it. Is there help? We have run into dead ends. He does have a job.

29. kevin keelan says:

not looking for job, but would love to help,have great ideas for fund rising large scale, high profile for your cause, please feel free to contact me, thanks for the signed jersey.livestrong